- Strong Asian community presence in the major American cities.
- The guarantee of a world-class education.
- The wide variety of research-centric science and technology courses.
- Job-oriented management courses.
- Large number of scholarships and fellowships offered by institutions and the American government.
- Part-time job opportunities while you are studying and career guidance after completion of studies.
- An American degree is highly regarded by many employers around the world.
- A vast country with varying landscape that offers a lot for the tourist and the nature-lover.
Highly Valued Degree
With stiff competition from countries like the UK, Singapore and Australia; American institutions are going all out to woo students from Asian countries. The change in the value of the US Dollar and the poor performance of some Asian currencies are worrying factors that may lead to a decline in the number of students opting for an education in the USA.
But in spite of all this, the value of an American University education has not declined. A degree from a reputed American institute is valued highly all around the world and students who seek to impress employers should seriously consider studying in the US.
Scholarships & financial aids – fee waivers are awarded to international students on the criteria of merit & need of it. Candidate with strong academics, good performance on standardized exams & extra curricular achievements would be eligible for scholarship awards & financial assistance. To benefit from these opportunities, one has to make sure to send all the required documents by particular deadlines. In addition to this, the presentation of the application package is also important because one is judged by the image one projects.
There are various types of Scholarships:
Fellowship-Scholarship: This is usually offered on the student’s ability, competence & performance.
Graduate Assistantship: Generally it may involve a teaching or research assistantship. Students receive aid, in the form of cash stipend or a tuition fee waiver or reduced tuition fee.
Sports Scholarship: Though seldom offered to international students, athletic or sports scholarships are available in a wide range to outstanding and talented athletes.
The other factor that can enhance the probability of getting the scholarship is the credit evaluation. The evaluation converts the Indian grades in the GPA system.